Construction Estimator Responsibilities:
- Work with Clients to understand needs and conceptualize solutions
- Direct and coordinate estimating efforts
- Meet and maintain estimating schedules
- Prepare conceptual, budgetary and final estimates and change orders
- Prepare bid packages and solicit subcontractor proposals
- Negotiate and prepare subcontractor buyouts and agreements
- Prepare Value-Engineering studies
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation,
to prepare schedule, cost and labor estimates
- Review data to determine materials and labor requirements, and
prepare itemized lists
- Capability to negotiate awarding of contracts
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7 years minimum construction estimating experience in all areas
of construction, including civil/site, structural, mechanical, electrical,
plumbing, and HVAC
- Degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, technology
or related experience
- Competent with computers
- Proficient with "estimating" and "project management" software a plus
- Responsible and professional
- Well organized & detail oriented
- Independent, self starter, motivated, yet capable of working with a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Timberline or other professional software
- Strength and drive, with management skills for employment growth
- Position Type: Full Time, Regular
- Location: Lubbock, TX
- Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefit package
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Daily supervision
- Control of construction activities for new commercial construction
- Tenant finish-out
- Light industrial projects
- Willing to travel
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of documented work experience with a General Contractor working on start to finish projects in a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent role with a proven track record of success.
- Candidate must possess the knowledge of means, methods, scheduling, coordination, communication, and management strategies used within the construction industry.
- Candidate must possess the ability to successfully manage projects in conjunction with the project manager to complete projects within budget and time constraints.
- Candidate must possess honesty, integrity, a goal-driven attitude, and a high attention to detail that is committed to producing the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Candidate must have a stable work history.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years of experience as a commercial superintendent, assistant superintendent, or lead carpenter.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or business management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with retail chain stores and restaurants.
- Full Time, Salaried Position, Performance based bonuses available.
- After hours and weekend work may be required.
- Candidate must submit to a background check and drug testing.
- All candidates are subject to a 30-day trial period.
- Qualified candidates who send a confidential resume along with professional references and cover letter stating salary requirements will be contacted for further information, serious applicants only.
Email resumes to: